I promise I’ll start generating some original content very soon, but in the meantime, here’s a roundup of some articles and other tidbits I’ve come across lately.
- Museum Day Live! on September 29: Hosted by Smithsonian magazine, this annual event will get you into any participating museum in the U.S. for free on that day. Visit the Smithsonian website to search for participating museums in your state and to print out your ticket. (You have to provide an e-mail and postal address.)
- “Spanish fresco restoration botched by amateur” from the BBC: This story went viral last week: an art restoration project gone horribly wrong. Yikes!
- “On the Vocation of the Artist” by W. David O. Taylor: I’ve really been enjoying this series, now in part 3 (“The Artist as Prophet”). (Read parts 1 and 2.) It’s very thoughtful and well-researched, bringing in lots of voices on the topic.
- “When a Sermon Becomes a Poem” by John Piper: Most people know Piper as a Christian speaker and author, but he is also an occasional poet. His latest poem is called “The Truth: A Meditation on 2 Timothy 3:14-17.”
- “Gloria Ssali’s In Gethsemane” by Victoria Jones: Yes, this piece is by yours truly—I’m contributing content to ArtWay.eu now! This is a revised excerpt from a blog post I wrote back in April 2011 as part of a series on Jesus in Gethsemane.
- New Bible trivia game show on GSN: “The American Bible Challenge,” hosted by Jeff Foxworthy, premiered last Thursday. Thoughts?